Chilli cheese sandwich recipe using tawa.
Jump to Recipe
Who doesn’t like a quick snack or even a breakfast that is mouthwateringly delicious? This chilli cheese sandwich recipe can be made using a tawa or if you have kitchen tools like oven or toaster you can use it to grill the bread.
This recipe makes use of everything green which brings in the flavour it holds. grilling in tawa, oven and toaster gives a different texture to the bread. Like, tawa and oven give a crispy texture but the bread remains soft inside but in the toaster the bread texture remains crispy but the bread becomes thin. But the flavour of the stuffing remains the same.
This chilli cheese sandwich is made using some capsicum, coriander and mint leave along with green chutney paste as a base to make it spicy. And the sandwich slices are stuffed with grated cheese with a coat of butter which gives it a creamy and rich texture when grilled.
It can be served with tomato sauce or green chutney.
How to make chilli cheese sandwich recipe with step by step Cooking Instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, add some finely chopped capsicum. I have used 2 tbsp of capsicum for 2 sandwich.
2. Add 2 tbsp coriander leaves. Chop them finely.
3. Now, add 1 medium chilli and a pinch of black salt. Chop the chilli horizontally.
4. Mix it all well together and keep it aside.
5. Now, take a slice of sandwich bread and spread butter n both the sides of the bread.
6. Next, add some green chutney to one side of the sandwich bread and place it in a tray. Green chutney recipe link: green chutney recipe for sandwich and chats
7. Add the prepared mixture to the bread on the top of the green chutney layer.
8. Now, top it off with some grated cheese.
9. Take another slice of sandwich bread and butter its surface and flip the other side and butter it as well. Add some green chutney on one side of the buttered sandwich bread and place it over the mixture with green chutney facing down. Chilli cheese sandwich is ready to be grilled.
10. Heat the tawa and place the prepared chilli cheese sandwich and cook well till both the sides are golden brown. (I did not apply any butter to the tawa as I buttered both the sides of bread.
11. Cut the sandwich diagonally with a knife or pizza cutter. Serve it with tomato sauce or green chutney.
Chilli cheese sandwich is ready to serve!
How to make chilli cheese sandwich Video recipe:
chilli cheese sandwich recipe card:
Chilli cheese sandwich recipe
- 4 tbsp Grated cheese
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Mint leaves
- 1 Medium Chilli
- Pinch Black salt
- 4 Slices Sandwich bread
- Green chutney
- In a mixing bowl add coriander, mint, chilli and black salt. Mix it all well
- Now, take the bread and butter it on both sides. Then spread some green chutney paste on one side.
- Add the prepared mixture to the green chutney layer and top it off with some grated cheese.
- Now, take another bread and butter it on both sides. Then place it on top on the cheese.
- Finally, Heat the tawa and grill both sides till it becomes golden brown.
- Chilli cheese sandwich is ready! Serve it with green chutney or tomato sauce.
If you like what you are tasting, then do RATE and COMMENT below
Click here For more vegetarian recipes Vegetarian Recipes and green chutney recipe