Creamy garlic butter prawns recipe
Jump to Recipe
Creamy garlic butter prawns dish is a simple recipe with a handful of ingredients. pan fried prawns in garlic butter with some parsley/coriander makes up for the dish.
In this recipe I have used coriander but traditionally parsley is used. Although the process is same, the taste changes a little. You can you parsley if you like its flavor much better. The key to perfect creamy garlic butter prawn is not to over cook the prawn. Remember we want the prawn to be juicy.
Pan fry the prawn till they curl up and turn pinkish-red and saute them in butter garlic sauce and let the essence and flavor get absorbed. Flavors from the juicy prawn and butter is what makes the dish creamy and rich.
This garlic butter prawns recipe is an easy and tasty alternative from the regular prawn recipes. I have made this dish to be in gravy form so that we can have it for rice, chapathi and other breads.
For other prawn recipes:
How to make creamy garlic butter prawns with step by step Cooking Instructions:
Creamy garlic butter prawns made by pan fried prawns sauteed with garlic butter sauce
Step 1: Cooking the prawn
To start with garlic butter prawns we need to start with cooking the prawn. In a pan, grease some oil and place all the prawns. Once the prawn is cooked on one side, flip and cook the other side evenly.
Cook till the prawns are pinkish-red and curls up. Do not over cook it as we want our prawn to be creamy.
Step2: Cooking the gravy
The next step is to make the garlic butter gravy for the prawns. In a pan add oil and butter and wait till the butter melts.
Next step add green chilli and garlic. Saute it well for 2 to 4 minutes in medium flame. Now add the finely chopped coriander leaves and mix them all together and cook for 2 minutes.
Now, add the cooked prawns along with salt and black pepper. saute till a thick gravy is formed.
Now finally add water to the gravy and mix well. Next, close and cook until it forms a creamy consistency. For about 2 to 3 minutes in medium flame.
creamy garlic butter prawns is ready to serve!
How to make creamy garlic butter prawns video recipe
How to make creamy garlic butter prawns recipe card
garlic butter prawns recipe
- Sauce pan
- 20 Prawns
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 Medium green chilli
- 4 tbsp Coriander/parsley leaves
- 14 to 17 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- Heat the frying pan and grease some oil
- Place all the prawns keeping some distance between them
- Then flip and cook the other side
- Cook till the prawns turn pink and curled up
Cooking garlic butter sauce
- Heat a sauce pan and add oil and butter to it
- Now, add garlic and saute well. Next add parsley/coriander and mix them well
- Once they are sauteed add prawns and mix them well.
- Next, add pepper and salt. Mix them all well and cook till flavors are absorbed into the prawn
- Finally, add water and cook till the sauce thickens keeping the sauce pan closed. app 3 to 5 min in medium flame
- Creamy garlic butter prawn is ready to serve
If you like what you are tasting, then do RATE and COMMENT below
Click here For more vegetarian recipes non-Vegetarian Recipes