Garlic rice is one of the many comfort food for lunch specially created for busy mornings.
Jump to Recipe
Check out more here: vegetarian recipes
Garlic rice recipe is one of the many instant rice recipes that is innovated by “who-know-who” to handle the time crunch working people face cooking or preparing for lunch. If you are looking for a new easy lunch recipe and you love the pungent taste of garlic then this recipe is for you.
Since it is a one-pot recipe made with just a few ingredients, we can prepare it any time of the day. And can be served as a lunch, dinner, or even as a linner. In this recipe, we have added freshly grounded black pepper powder to spice up the dish a bit. You can adjust it according to your taste.
Have this with papad or raitha.
recipehub.in’s other garlic recipes:
Kindly check out for detailed recipes
How to make garlic rice recipe with step by step Cooking Instructions:
Heat the pan or kadai and add 2 tbsp of oil. Wait for the oil to heat up then add the following Ingredients.
2. Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and let it pop and crack open. Always wai for the oil to warm up before adding mustard seeds.
3. Now add channa dhal/Split chickpeas and urad dhal/ Split Black gram after mustard seeds cracks. You can add jeera/ cumin seeds instead of channa and urad dal.
4. Now add curry leaves and saute well in the oil. This adds a more south Indian flavor to the dish.
5. To add some spicy kick to the dish add two red chilis and again saute them well. You can skip this part if you want to avoid a little bit of spice. I personally love this flavor, especially when I cook instant food like this as it adds a fresh punch to the food.
6. Add some 1/4 tsp of hing/asafoetida for its digestive properties. Adding this gives a more full flavor and it is also a staple ingredient in Indian cooking.
7. Now the entry of the main ingredient, which is garlic. Slice some 10 to 14 garlic pods horizontally and add it to the mixture. Saute the garlic really well till it becomes golden brown. [Note: you can fry the garlic to a crispier point if you like it like crunchy]
8. Now, add a bowl[sufficient for 2 people] of freshly cooked rice/ leftover rice to the mixture and mix well.
Finally, add salt(as required) and freshly crushed black pepper to the mixture and saute well.
Now, switch off the flame and close the pan for about a minute or two. This helps the rice to absorb the flavors and essence to the plain rice.
After a minute open the lid and fluff the rice from the corners. fluffy and flavored garlic rice is ready to serve.
Garlic rice is ready to serve! Serve it with raita, papad potato fry, and any pickle of your choice.
How to make garlic rice Video recipe:
Garlic Rice recipe card:
Garlic Rice Recipe
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Red chili – 2 nos
- Hing/Asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Cooked /Leftover rice
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat the pan and add oil
- Add chan dal and urad. Saute till golden brown
- Add 2 red chili and curry leaves
- Next add some hing.
- Finally, add garlic and saute well till golden brown
- Now add rice along with salt and pepper
- Mix the ingredients well. Now, switch off the flame and keep the pan closed for a minute or two.
- open the lid and fluff the rice.
- Garlic rice is ready to serve
If you like what you are tasting, then do RATE and COMMENT below
For more vegetarian recipes Vegetarian Recipes