Spicy veg salna recipe for parotta
Salna is a famous south Indian curry served in restaurants and street shops as a side to piping hot main dishes. It is popular among people because of its spicy flavor and price. It can be served with parotta, idli, idiyappam, chapati, appam, and many more Tiffen items. It also goes well with pulao because of the spices in it.
In this recipe, veg parotta salna is shared. The process is a bit long but once done we can store it in the refrigerator and use it for two days. This homemade salna recipe is an absolute alternate for regular chutney, sambar, dal, etc.
You can add vegetables like carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas, potato, etc to make it healthier.
How to make veg parotta salna recipe with instructions:
To make veg parotta salna, start with making the masala for it. In a kadai/pan add oil and wait for it to heat up. Then add fennel seeds and let it splutter.
Now add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, peanut, red chilli, black pepper, shallots, ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Mix it all together and saute it for a few seconds. Then add curry leaves, coriander leaves and tomato and again saute for a few seconds.
Next, add poppy seeds and salt and give a final mix and saute for a few seconds. Now remove the mixture from the pan and place it separately. Allow it to cool.
Next step is to make a paste from the mixture. Once the mixture is completely cooled, take a mixing jar and add the mixture to it. Then add some dried coconut and some water. Blend it into a fine paste.
Next step is to make the salna curry. In the same pan used to make the mixture, add oil and allow it to heat up. Next add fennel seeds, curry leaves and onion. Mix and saute till onion turns translucent.
Now add ginger garlic paste and saute for a few seconds. Next, add the prepared masala paste and add red chilli powder, pepper powder, coriander powder and turmeric. Mix it well
Now add 1 tsp oil to the paste and mix it well. Next step is to cook the paste and bring it to a thick form. Cook it for 5 to 10 minutes in medium flame.
And in the final step, add 2 cups of water and dilute the paste. Close the pan and bring it to boil. Now add coconut milk and once again bring it to boil.
Veg parotta salna is ready!
Hot and spicy Veg parotta salna
How to make veg parotta salna video recipe:
How to make veg parotta salna recipe card:
Veg parotta salna
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Fennel/sombu
- 1 Bay leaf Cloves – 2, Cinnamon 2 sticks
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 4to5 Cardamom
- 2 tbsp peanut
- 4 Red chilli
- 1/2 tsp whole Black pepper
- 15 Shallot
- 5 Green chilli
- 1 tbsp Crushed ginger garlic
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 10 Dried or fresh coconut pieces
- 1 tbsp Salt
Salna curry Ingredients
- 1 tsp Fennel/sombu
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 tsp Oil
- Curry leaves
- 2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
Instructions for masala
- In a pan add oil and wait for it to heat uo
- Next, add fennel seeds and all the spices mentioned in the masala ingredients
- Saute for few seconds and add peanuts, red chilli, whole pepper, shallots, green chilli, crushed ginger garlic and saute well
- Next, add curry leaves, coriander leaves, poppy seeds, nd tomato. Mix it all well and add salt.
- Saute for a few seconds and remove it from the pan and let it cool
- Once it is cooled, grind it into a fine paste after adding coconut pieces and water
Salna curry instructions
- Heat the same pan add oil and fennel seeds
- Next add curry leaves and onion.
- Saute well and ginger garlic paste. Once it is cooked, add the masala paste
- Add 1 tsp oil along with red chilli, coriander powder, black pepper and turmeric to the masala
- Mix it all well and cook the masala for 5 to 10 minutes in medium flame
- Once done it becomes a thick paste. Now, add 2 cups of water and mix it well and bring it to boil.
- Finally, mix coconut milk and bring it to boil. veg salna is ready to serve
If you like what you are tasting, then do RATE and COMMENT below
Click here For more vegetarian recipes Vegetarian Recipes