2 July, 2020
spicy pepper chicken recipe
Spicy pepper chicken recipe
Pepper chicken fry is a hot and spicy side dish served with plain rice, chapati, naan and many more. It goes well with most of the main dish and it is a perfect dish for cold and gloomy weather.
Pepper chicken can be made with simple ingredients that are available in the kitchen and the process of cooking is much simpler. Also, no need for any fancy ingredient, some pepper is enough to cook this delicious side dish.
First, marinate the chicken and then prepare the masala to cook the chicken. Use curry leaves, onion, tomato, red chili, coriander, garam masala, and some pepper to spice up the dish. And then cook the chicken till it becomes soft then fry till the moisture evaporates and the chicken pieces are separated and coated with the masala.
How to make black pepper chicken
Ingredients for pepper chicken masala:
Step 1: Marinate the chicken
In a bowl, add chicken, pepper powder, salt, and lime juice. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Cooking pepper chicken masala
Heat a pan and add jeera/cumin and curry leaves and wait till it splutters. Once it splutters, add cardamom, green chilli, ginger, and garlic. Mix and saute well.
Next, add onion and saute till its translucent. once the onion is cooked, add tomato and cook for a few seconds.
Now add the masalas and cook them well. Add turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, salt, and crushed black pepper. Mix and cook the masala well.
Step 5: Cook the marinated chicken
Finally, add the marinated chicken and mix it well with the masala. Close the pan and cook the chicken and then open the pan and saute the chicken till all the water is completely absorbed.
Once the chicken becomes all fry and separated, pepper chicken is ready to serve.
Spicy pepper chicken is ready!
How to make black pepper chicken Video recipe:
How to make black pepper chicken recipe card:
Spicy pepper chicken
- 200 gms Chicken
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
Pepper chicken masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin
- Curry leaves
- 4 Cardamom
- 1 Small Green chilli
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Small Tomato
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 5 to 7 Crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a bowl add chicken, pepper powder, lemon juice and salt. Mix it all together and marinate for 30 minutes.
Pepper chicken masala
- Heat a pan and add oil then add some jeera/cumin along with curry leaves and wait till it splutter.
- Next, add cardamom, green chilli, ginger and garlic. Mix and saute for few seconds.
- Now, add onion and cook till it turns translucent along with chopped tomato.
- Once the tomato is cooked, add the masalas. Turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, crushed black pepper and salt. mix well and cook the masala
- Next, add the marinated chicken and mix well with the masala. Once mixed, close and cook the chicken.
- And cook till all the water from the chicken gets absorbed.
- When the masala completely sticks to the chicken and become separate pieces switch off the stove. Spicy and dry pepper chicken is ready
If you like what you are tasting, then do RATE and COMMENT below
Click here For more vegetarian recipes non-Vegetarian Recipes
It came out really well, so tasty and spicy. We loved the taste!
Thank you so much for the comment! Glad you loved it.
The taste was sooper yummy
Thank you 🙂