If you are looking for something light to eat for lunch this is the dish you turn to. As you know it is made from plain curd and boiled rice then tossed into easily available ingredients from our day to day cooking.
It is usually served in cold or room temperature which makes it a perfect dish for a hot and humid climate.
Top it with pomegranate to make it pleasing to kids who would love the sweetness it brings and for adults savour it with mango or pickle of your choice.
Curd Rice Recipe
- pressure cooker
- 1 Cup Rice(200 grams)
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Green chili
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Chopped ginger
- 2 Dried Red chilies
- Curry leaves
- Pressure cook the rice till 3 whistles. Wait for the pressure to release completely and make sure the rice is cooked completely.
- Once the rice has cooled completely, add the yogurt and milk and mix it together.
- Add chopped cilantro, and green chili and mix to combine.
For the tempering
- Heat oil in a small pan on medium heat
- Add the mustard seeds and let them pop.
- Then add the urad dal and cook till it gets golden brown
- Add ginger, curry leaves, and dried red chilies.
- Transfer the tempering to the bowl of curd rice and mix.
- Finally, top with pomegranate arils (optional)
If you like what you are tasting, then do RATE and COMMENT below
- Storing curd for days and then consuming it is not a good idea because it messes up the quality of the bacterial culture in the product.
- Curd or Dahi is a dairy product made by curdling the milk with an edible acidic substance such as lemon juice or vinegar whereas Yogurt is created by bacterial fermentation of milk by using yogurt culture that consists of Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophiles.
- Here in India, curd or dahi is prepared by adding a little bit of curd to warm milk.