26 October, 2019
Brinjal Gravy Recipe
Brinjal Curry/ Baingan/ Eggplant gravy is a delicious vegetarian dish usually served with plain rice, chapati, and biryani. It is a very famous South Indian curry, made with very simple ingredients but the flavor is so rich that it can be served in any function along with biryani.
Brinjal/Kathirikai Gravy Recipe For Chapathi, Rice & Biryani
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tbsp Mustard Seed
- 1/4 tbsp Cumin/jeera
- 5 to 6 tbsp brinjal/eggplant/baingan (sliced)
- 2 Medium Onions
- 2 Medium Tomato
- 1 Green chili
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1/8 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot and some mustard, cumin and let it splutter
and dd green chili and fry for 2 to 5 seconds
- Add curry leaves and fry for few minutes
- Add chopped onions and cook for a few minutes till its golden
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute it for few minutes
- Now, add the chopped tomatoes and cook till its soft and mushy
- Add red chili, turmeric, and salt (as per taste) and stir well
- Cook till the oil gets separated from the masala
- Now add the vertically cut brinjal and saute them in the masala for few minutes
- Add half a cup of water and mix well
- Bring it to boil and gravy consistency and add chopped coriander leaves
- Turn off the heat and serve hot
Brinjal Gravy is ready to serve!
If you like what you are tasting, then do RATE and COMMENT below
Though it is often called as king of vegetables, botanically it is a fruit! It belongs to the berry family.
In China, as part of her “bride price,” a woman must have at least 12 eggplant recipes prior to her wedding day.
When first introduced in Italy, people believed that anyone who ate the “mad apple” was sure to go insane. But for its taste!
Main dishes that works well with Bitter gourd fry
Vegetable Biriyani recipe